If you're a fan of illustration, graphic art or design, the London Illustration Fair (LIF) is a must-see, offering the opportunity to come face to face with your favourite artists and discover new artwork from emerging illustrators. Running from 29th November to 2nd December, LIF will be celebrating its fifth birthday with five floors of artwork, prints, workshops, talks and much more from some of the world’s most renowned artists and designers. Returning for a jam-packed four-day festival at the much loved Bargehouse at Oxo Tower Wharf on the Southbank, the fair is geared to both illustration enthusiasts and alternative Christmas shoppers. The LIF 2018 will feature first time exhibitors alongside big names, with over 60 artists exhibiting and selling their work. This year's programme is bigger and better than ever, with workshops, masterclasses, entertaining discussions and in-depth industry talks.
To celebrate their 5th birthday, LIF has invited five featured artists and companies to help create their most engaging programme of activity to date:
- Morag Myerscough, Illustration superstar, will be adorning the fair's entrance space with one of her big, bold and bright installations.
- Bread Collective will be producing a large mural for the fair in their distinctive typographic style before leading a group of school children to produce their own large-scale artwork.
- Billy Clark will be creating the LIF marketing imagery as well as producing a range of images and merchandise exclusively for the fair.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital will be celebrating 30 years of fundraising with 30 leading illustrators’ work, including Anthony Burrill, Hattie Stewart and Supermundane.
- People of Print will be running tote bag screen-printing sessions, celebrating designs of emerging illustrators from the fair.
For tickets to LIF and to book workshops and talks, visit www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk. I'll be there with my daughter, looking for inspiration which I'm sure we are guaranteed to find!