Chocolate Week is upon us, so if you needed an excuse to get into the chocolate, this is it! There is nothing better than a homemade brownie, so whether you’re a complete amateur or a Great British Bake Off contender, a fool-proof Chocolate brownie recipe is a must for any baker! Gopi Chandran from Sopwell House reveals his recipe for how to make an indulgent chocolate brownie at home that will work every single time, the perfect treat you can enjoy this Chocolate Week.
Indulgent Chocolate Brownie
Serves 8-10 people
• 250g good quality dark chocolate – we use Callebaut Dark Chocolate Buttons
• 250g unsalted butter
• 150g plain flour
• 1 tsp baking flour
• 4 large eggs
• 300g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Lightly grease a tray-bake tin (or silicone tray) and line with baking paper.
3. Melt the butter with the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering
water and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Combine the eggs and sugar to create a custard-like consistency.
5. Slowly add the chocolate and butter, mixing in gradually to ensure the cold and
warm mixtures combine smoothly.
6. Add the flour and baking powder, and mix well.
7. Once combined, pour the mixture into the lined tray and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or 25 minutes if you prefer them more gooey and soft.
9. Leave to cool, slice into 8-10 squares and enjoy!
Sopwell House’s Chocolate Brownie is served in The Brasserie with passion fruit crémeux and coconut sorbet.