Pretty: Looking Good on the Run
This week's edition of Pretty addresses the universal challenge of how to leave the house hot - or at least presentable! - when you really can't spare the time and aren't feeling or looking so spry. We've all been there, and we'll all go there again - I anticipate it for tomorrow morning!
Our resident expert, TV makeup artist Corinne O'Brien, offers her advice and shows us what her technique looks like on her own pretty face. Thanks to Tammy for submitting the great question!
C I can imagine that finding the time to dedicate to yourself is difficult being a new mom, so I've given you a few tips to give you a refreshed look in five easy steps. This should only take you about five minutes to complete and will make a world of difference in how you look and feel.
- Hydrate. Use a tinted moisturizer, this will give your skin a glow with light coverage and hydration at the same time.
- Conceal. Try a luminating concealer to bring light to your face. On the lower end of the price point, I like Sally Hansen's Natural Beauty Fast Fix Concealer and on the high end YSL Touch Eclat. These products contain light diffusing properties which detract from any under eye darkness.
- Blush. Try a cream blush to keep the skin looking hydrated and youthful. Stila has a great 2-in-1 product called Convertible Colour and it can be used on your cheeks and lips. Products with more than one use are a great time saver. Try using a bright pink blush, just blend well and use it sparingly. This is a very youthful colour and instantly takes years off your face!
- Highlight. Use a light shimmery eyeshadow and apply to the brow bone, inner eye and top of the cheekbone. This will instantly make you look awake and is a trick that many makeup artists use. MAC Cosmetics, Shroom or Nylon eyeshadows are both great.
- Lastly, curl your lashes and apply mascara and lipgloss.
Let us know how this works for you!